Re: dhclient does not recognize config file

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 May 2012 15:13:13 -0700, Paul Zimmerman wrote:
>> Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> You mean the "prepend domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1" stanza?
>>
>> Yes, that's what I tried first. It has absolutely no effect. Then I
>> created some specific "interface" entries. Since it left error messages
>> in the log when I made mistakes, it is clearly reading the config file.
>
> That was going to be my next question: if the file is being read at all.
> As so it seems, then is just that specific line that fails or that has no
> visible effect, meaning your "/etc/resolv.conf" file remains the same,
> right?
>
> I use N-M with a wireless card and I have edited "/etc/dhcp/
> dhclient.conf" and set:
>
> prepend domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;
>
> Then restarted the NM service ("service network-manager restart") and
> checked for the content of "/etc/resolv.conf". The first line now is:
>
> nameserver 127.0.0.1

For the record, this works for squeeze without NM or WICD - for me.

Check how well or badly dhclient's behaving by changing "RUN=no" to
"RUN=yes" in "/etc/dhcp/dhclient-enter-hooks.d/debug", restarting your
network (in your case, I assume that "service wicd restart" will do it
but I've never used WICD), and checking
"/var/lib/dhcp/dhclient.eth0.leases" and /tmp/dhclient-script.debug".