Re: dhclient does not recognize config file

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 24 May 2012 07:33:21 -0700, Paul Zimmerman wrote:

>> dhclient in Squeeze pays no attention to the config file at/etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf

>How does the file look like? Also, did you restart dhclient after editing the file?

Rebooting does a pretty good job of restarting all programs, including daemons. :)
This is an ongoing problem through days or use, so yes, it gets restarted often.

>> All I need it to do is prepend the local host to resolv.conf so dnscaching will work.

>You mean the "prepend domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1" stanza?

Yes, that's what I tried first. It has absolutely no effect. Then I created some specific
"interface" entries. Since it left error messages in the log when I made mistakes, it
is clearly reading the config file.

>> How do you get dhclient to do anything other than the default behavior?

>Are you using N-M?

No, but I do use wicd. Does that write resolv.conf too? Avahi was running on the system,

but I removed it. Also checked for resolvconf and it doesn't show as installed even though

there is a resolvconf directory. Is there anything else that might be over-writing the file?