Re: how to update Debian OS properly

On 25.05.2012 15:49, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-05-25 at 17:37 +0500, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
>> deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main
>> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main
>> deb http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports squeeze-backports main
>> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian sid main
>
> You're issue is related to the sid repository. If you need something
> from sid, then uncomment it and after that comment it. Don't feel secure
> using pinning.
>
> You can name the repositories "stable" instead of "squeeze", so it will
> use "stable" what ever Debian "stable" is named.

Is it safe to use "stable" instead of "squeeze"? Are there usually any
conflicts or anything what would need "full-upgrade" whenever new
"stable" is named?

I am asking just for curiosity, I am Sid user.

--
[Mika Suomalainen](https://mkaysi.github.com/) ||
[gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys