Re: SOLVED: Re: Wheezy: "aptitude update" fails

--- On Wed, 5/23/12, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are we still talking about the "Hash Sum mismatch" error?

I was getting "Hash Sum mismatch" error only when I was going against a non-US mirror, with a US mirror (which I use by default) I was getting 404 Not Found.

> If so, it makes no sense because:
>
> 1/ apt-get was failing in the same way than aptitude
>
> 2/ bzip2 has been installed in my system since it was
> installed and I
> also got the same errors
>
> So the "Hash Sum mismatch" message has to be a different
> problem.

Maybe. The good thing is now both aptitude and apt are working, and not only that but they are working with US and non-US mirrors.

If you're curious, you may want to remove bzip2 and see what you get. And by the way, thanks for your help.