Re: SOLVED: Re: Wheezy: "aptitude update" fails

On Wed, 23 May 2012 04:54:25 -0700, T Elcor wrote:

>> Translation-en [61.5 kB]
>> Translation-en
>> 128.61.240.89 80]
>
> I was able to solve the problem by installing bzip2 package.
>
> Apparently bzip2 package is now required for aptitude to work correctly
> though there is no dependency between them and the error messages
> aptitude provides give no clue.

Are we still talking about the "Hash Sum mismatch" error?

If so, it makes no sense because:

1/ apt-get was failing in the same way than aptitude

2/ bzip2 has been installed in my system since it was installed and I
also got the same errors

So the "Hash Sum mismatch" message has to be a different problem.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón