..trolls?, was: Random system freezes - need your input

On Mon, 21 May 2012 06:27:42 -0500, Christofer wrote in message
<[🔎] CAOEVnYtq6nETamD9BQhKgMoXh0ghLQ4zAL8XqiE1fcbJS-XNAw@mail.gmail.com>:

> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 5:59 AM, Arnt Karlsen <arnt@c2i.net> wrote:
> > On Mon, 21 May 2012 10:18:22 +0200, Matthias wrote in message
> > <[🔎] CABo4i4wBSDBt8vgL+B++UBYPfba23yrKGLjJErHhi1Fc43LdNg@mail.gmail.com>:

> >> Thanks for your reply. But no, I have not tried the nouveau driver
> >> and I won't. The reason is that I don't want to introduce a new
> >> unknown variable until I am sure wehther the nvidia module is
> >> causing this or it's really some odd hardware fault.
> >
> > ..so, will you try nouveau now, or, do we call you troll when
> > you come whining for help next month?  No if or but "reasons",
> > yes or no, now, is _all_ I ask.
>
> Did you not read his message?  I've quoted the relevant section (from
> your own email, no less).  He's not going to try noveau until he's
> determined that the system is once again stable using nv, ensuring
> that the cause of his issue was the proprietary nvidia driver and not
> a hardware problem with his machine.  "I don't want to introduce a new
> unknown variable until I am sure wehther [sic] the nividia module is
> causing this or it's really some odd hardware fault."  How is this
> line of troubleshooting effort in any way trollish?

..another troll?  We asked him to try nouveau to help him
diagnose _his_ problem.  If it works, fine.  If it doesn't,
fine, we will then know it doesn't work for him.
Instead, he refuses to try it, after having wasted
_our_ time on _his_ alleged problem on what looks
like endlifed closed source.

..so I ask him to reconsider his refusal and try a boot with
nouveau, once, and tell us what happens with that driver, or,
a simple "No."

..we have enough trolls here, they waste our time with BS
nonsense to "prove" e.g. nouveau "doesn't work."

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: