Re: Random system freezes - need your input

2012/5/20 Martin Steigerwald <Martin@lichtvoll.de>:
> Am Sonntag, 20. Mai 2012 schrieb Matthias Guentert:
>> I am really running out of ideas here... and becoming unsure if the
>> nvidia driver really is the culprit. I will switch back to the nv
>> driver and test for another month or so... big chill!
>
> Again: Have you ever tried the nouveau driver?

Thanks for your reply. But no, I have not tried the nouveau driver and
I won't. The reason is that I don't want to introduce a new unknown
variable until I am sure wehther the nvidia module is causing this or
it's really some odd hardware fault.

I will switch back to nv. As debian is well known for it's stability,
I assume this driver has been tested thoroughly. If my system is then
running fine for about a month one can assume that the nvidia driver
is the culprit.