Re: Fatal server error: xf86OpenConsole: Cannot find a free VT

On 05/16/2012 01:23 AM, Indulekha wrote:
Maybe something (like /etc/inittab) got edited, and tty7
was repurposed for a getty? It's important to leave tty7
alone or X won't run.

Also if inittab did get edited, could be you're calling a getty
that isn't installed...

I checked and noticed the default runlevel under inittab is 5. (I must have changed it for reason I can't remember now). I have changed it back to run level 2 and will try the ati driver again to see if the problem still persists. Thanks.

--
Regards,
Jiun Shyong 俊雄

Blog: jiunshyong.dyndns.org
twitter.com/jiunshyong
facebook.com/jiunshyong
Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do - Bruce Lee.