Re: something about rm

>> I was kind of thinking the same thing...rm to umount a remote dir?
>> But, shouldn't it be
>> fusermount -u<mount_point>
>> ??
>> This is what I use if mounting remote dirs with sshfs, anyway.
>>
>> Tony
>
> Excellent point, if he was using sshfs. I found it hard to figure out
> exactly what he was doing. :)
>
> I suspect that file recovery is his current priority.

Yesterday it's my first time trying the sshfs (I was so positively
"bored", so just try something new I read online, such a
trouble-maker),

I recovered the .ssh, just by regeneration those keys,
and I found our system administrator is a very nice person,
nearly 1 am he helped me imported some other keys regarding different
nodes (sorry I don't understand well).
from his email.
"Your directory almost restored. I’ve regenerated your vnc. All
working fine. Please try agin."

I don't know much about vnc, just googled for a while and read something basic,

 anyway, seem this fixed the following problems:
-bash-3.2$ firefox
Error: no display specified
-bash-3.2$ xterm
xterm Xt error: Can't open display:
xterm:  DISPLAY is not set

I will put those alias suggested by rjc in my .bashrc file.

It's not so easy to chown of the mounted remote server, it showed me:

drwx------  1  513 users 4096 May 17 11:52 pineapple

Thanks all.