Re: update-alternatives

On Ma, 15 mai 12, 09:17:25, Johann Spies wrote:
> I have checked the man page and the Debian Handbook but I am not sure
> how to influence the 'auto' setting for update-alternatives.

I think you are misunderstanding the meaning of 'auto' in the context of
update-alternatives. 'auto' means that a specific alternative is chosen
based on the priority declared by each program. Think of it like a
default that is changing depending on which packages you have installed.

Hope this helps,
Andrei