From: Stanisław Findeisen [mailto:stf.list.debian.user@eisenbits.com]
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2012 9:11 AM
To: Debian users mailing list
Subject: server monitoring

Hi

What tools would you recommend for monitoring the following on a server? :

* kernel + process images in memory
* shape of the process tree
* binary integrity of files + permissions
* network connections
* users, groups
* user sessions
* log files
* ...

I think this calls for a customizable solution with plugins (or so). Is
there any such thing in Debian? How reliable is it?

How about reporting? Logging would be good but logging to a local file
is problematic as that could be compromised on a server hack...

--
http://people.eisenbits.com/~stf/
http://www.eisenbits.com/