Re: [Feedback needed] Support for ISDN passive fax cards

On Tue, May 08, 2012 at 05:56:49PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> I am considering in adding a couple of PCI based Eicon Diva 2.02
> "passive" cards on a system running hylafax server. The fax server is now
> using a couple of external RS-232 modems that work like a charm but as I
> have a pair of unused ISDN cards I'm consider in adding them to the
> current setup to enhance the installation.

Please ask yourself which aspect of your installation you expect to
improve by doing this. Fax with passive ISDN cards will be harder to
set up than with analog modems.

> But now I see that HiSax has been deprecated in favor of mISDN and I
> wonder what's the current status of this driver in Debian, what kind of
> devices are supported and what are your average experience in using ISDN
> passive cards with Hylafax.

Check out this announcement:
http://www.isdn4linux.de/pipermail/isdn4linux/2012-January/005580.html
You need very recent sofware to use it, but this seems to be the way
forward.

You may want to ask on this mailing list yourself. Despite its name, it
mostly deals with misdn nowadays.