Re: desktop notification gone

On 05/12/2012 02:26 PM, Michael Biebl wrote:

This is on sid. I mostly use Openbox <..>
When running Gnome everything's fine.

To show desktop notification, you need a notification service running.

gnome-shell and KDE have one built-in and there is a standalone daemon
called notification-daemon

Hm, I had no idea gnome-shell & KDE bring their own.

Do you have a notification-daemon process running? If you start one
manually via /usr/lib/notification-daemon/notification-daemon do you
get any error messages?

It is running. Since notify-send does its job, I assumed all was well,
restarting the daemon confirms that (no errors/warnings).

Just in case, other perhaps relevant daemons running with my user name
are gnome-settings-daemon, gconfd-2, and dbus-daemon.

Thanks for your reply,
Tom

--
np: Hermann Kopp - Venusberg