Possible explanation/resolution ??? - was [Re: netinst.iso - a "learning experience"- Part (-1) Gparted Live]

Camaleón wrote:
On Sat, 05 May 2012 17:38:10 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

(...)

Using Gparted, I could not find a way to create ONE partition using all
the space of the TWO now 'deleted' partitions.

What does Gparted now say? How it detects the hard disk partitions? Is
there any allocatable free space? Is it contiguous? Can you upload a
snapshot of the disk layout?

Were my expectations flawed?

Life is a mistery :-)

Should Gparted have be capable of that?

Generally speaking, yes.

[snip]

As I've said before I'm doing multiple installations as a primarily "educational experience". [In a book I'm reading, a GI grunt remarks "What you learn in class you forget. What you learn in the trenches, you remember!"]

I've noticed lately that I have been deleting partitions from the top down and have not experienced the problem. Was I deleting from the bottom up or randomly before? I do not recall.