Re: Backup2l config

Hi,

On 11/5/2012 11:30 Bastien Rocheron wrote:
> I'm trying to backup a directory with backup2l and I don't understand the
> 'Backup parameters'. I don't understand the levels, max full backups...
> because with the current settings I end up with my disk filled very
> quickly. The directory is 1GB approx and every day backup2l eats up another
> GB so I guess this is not quite differential.

What about the man page:
The  method  of  hierarchical  differential  backups is a
generalization to the concept of the "daily", "weekly" and "monthly"
backups. Each backup has a level and a serial number. Maximum-level
backups are comparable with daily differential backups, level-0
backups are full backups. For example, let MAX_LEVEL be 4 and
MAX_PER_LEVEL be 5. After 5 level-4 backups (e. g. after 5 days), a
new level-3 backup is made. After 5 level-3 backups (and 5*5 at
level-4), a new level-2 backup is made, and so on. Each differential
backup contains the changes towards the previous backup of the same or
a lower level.

Cheers,
Simon