Re: Backup2l config

On Fri, 11 May 2012 11:08:05 +0200, Bastien Rocheron wrote:

> Hi,

Hi. Please, avoid using html formatted messages, thanks.

> I'm trying to backup a directory with backup2l and I don't understand
> the 'Backup parameters'. I don't understand the levels, max full
> backups... because with the current settings I end up with my disk
> filled very quickly.

Mmm, if we refer to the package description motto ("low-maintenance
backup/restore tool") it should be no need for tweaking things ;-)

> The directory is 1GB approx and every day backup2l eats up another GB
> so I guess this is not quite differential. If anybody could explain how
> that works in a simple way or point to some simple doc (which I could
> not find) I would be delighted. In the meantime I'm trying other
> settings.

I would start by reading "/usr/share/doc/backup2l/README.Debian" though
by looking at the default configuration settings ("/usr/share/doc/
backup2l/first-time.conf.gz") they look quite correct for a standard
backup strategy :-?

Note: check whether the variable "UNCONFIGURED=1" has been commented out
(#UNCONFIGURED=1) once you have finished the setting up! ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón