Re: Allowing people to change their own IMAP password

On Wed, 09 May 2012 15:07:57 +0100, Shaun wrote:

> How does one allow Windows users to set their own passwords if the IMAP
> server they're using is Debian?

That would depend on the software you are using for handling IMAP and
what kind of accounts/password backend you are using (system users, mysql
users, sasldb2 users...) :-)

> In the past I've got them to login from my computer via PuTTY where
> I've typed 'passwd user-name' and let them type their own pass, but
> this isn't really scalable as a solution. What do others to in a mixed
> Windows/Linux environment without having to resort to some GroupWare
> product?

Most webmail frontends (Squirrel, Roundcube...) provide plugins for that
precisely purpose. What's your IMAP configuration?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón