Re: gnome panel fonts on startup (solved for now)

On Tue, 08 May 2012 21:56:23 -0400, songbird wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:

>> I wonder why is that gnome-shell fails. Is that okay for you?
>
>   right now it is very ok for me.  :)
>
>   if i try to push gnome-shell to the most recent
> version it wants to remove evolution.  i would rather leave my e-mail
> installed than have a most recent Gnome.

How can that be? What's the exact ouput you get?

>   fallback mode is working well for me now.  i'm
> going to leave this alone until i get a lot more rainy days or the Gnome
> updates in sid/wheezy work and don't break my e-mail.

Okay, but remember the GNOME classic login can dissapear in a near
future, don't rely so much on it.

>> I mean,
>> does your card support 3D and you're using a driver that makes use of
>> it?
>
>   my card is built in and like the machine a ways
> behind the times, drivers are most recent versions.

Intel cards are usually well supported. Mine is an Intel and works
reasonably well with gnome-shell.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón