Re: gnome panel fonts on startup (solved for now)

On Mon, 07 May 2012 17:27:53 -0400, songbird wrote:

> songbird wrote:
>> Camaleón wrote:
>>> Let the updates do their work :-)
>>
>>   thanks, but no change in the situation with
>> latest updates.
>

>   as it turns out, the Gnome transition going on
> with updates to sid/wheezy crashed my new Gnome and it retreated to
> running fallback instead.

Most of the gnome-shell crashes are because of:

- A bad "gnome-shell.css" file, should you have edited manually.

- A problem with VGA 3D acceleration (look at your "~/.xsession-errors"
file to find out more.

- An annoying bug :-)

>   the fonts work correctly on startup and restarts
> of Gnome Panel under fallback.

I wonder why is that gnome-shell fails. Is that okay for you? I mean,
does your card support 3D and you're using a driver that makes use of it?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón