SB16 i386 Squeeze Scavenger hunt

	Ah, the brave new world of separate firmware. These
questions are based on ignorance on my part and google searches
that turn up nothing or stuff that doesn't work.

Stuff that Doesn't Work

	A web site reports to have sb16 firmware in a Redhat
Package Manager .rpm package that it says will work on debian
and a bunch of other distributions. Maybe it does, but alien
bombs when trying to convert the .rpm in to a .deb.

Stuff I Don't yet Understand.

	Lots of things, but specifically, my old lenny backups do
have the kernel modules for SB16 cards. Basically, what is the
best way to end up with workable firmware in the
/lib/firmware/sb tree?

	Do the correct files exist somewhere in the old backup
or do I need to do a make on a certain directory to produce
compiled modules that can be copied in to /lib/firmware?

Thank you.

Martin McCormick