Re: gpg/pgp noise

On 09/05/12 19:39, Jon Dowland wrote:
> On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 07:20:15PM +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> On 09/05/12 18:56, Jon Dowland wrote:
>>> In what way? I can verify Mika's signatures just fine.  The signatures
>>> are valid.
>>
>> All his posts?
>> Is cutting and pasting a hobby?
>> Do you between "some" and "all"?
>
> The ones I've bothered to verify

Most of his original ones did not verify.

>, via '|gpg --verify' in mutt.

So you didn't cut and paste - you just hand processed each post.

I can't match your dedication to validating his posts - nor can I muster
your enthusiasm for defending them. I'll side with the others that find
them an unnecessary annoyance.

<snipped>

>> Because there's no chain of trust.
>
> Confirmed?

>(you've trimmed my initial investigation which indicates he
> has at least one signatory.)

"investigation"?

Huh?

How hard was it to see the key is signed by... the key holder (or
another person called Mika?), using a key that was signed... by (Mika).

That's *not* a chain of trust.

It's not even the issue.
More noise, no signal.
<snipped>