Re: gpg/pgp noise

On 08/05/12 23:21, Mika Suomalainen wrote:
> 08.05.2012 16:16, Indulekha kirjoitti:
>> I think they've come a long way in mediactions to address paranoia
>> these last few years... Seriously, why the devil would anyone want
>> to spoof your email?! What are you, Black Ops?
>
> If I recall correctly, Bob has told that his email address has been
> spoofed to this list and he signs everything what he sends (as far as
> I can see).

Seven reasons you shouldn't compare your posts, or your use of PGP with
Bob (Proulx):-

Bob's PGP signature is valid - yours is not
You waste our time and bandwidth.

Bob uses signatures selectively - you don't
You could, but you enjoy upsetting people.

Bob uses unobtrusive signatures - you don't.
Bob's signature doesn't contain redundant material (fingerprint,
location) - yours does.

Bob's key validates his identity - yours does not.
I can verify that "Bob" is "Bob" through a chain of trust.

Bob uses PGP to verify the identity of the poster, and the integrity of
the message - you just make digital noise.

and then there's the difference in post content....

<snipped>

Regards

answers to questions about Debian:-