Re: Re: backported libreoffice minus its autospellcheck

> Yes I do have myspell installed ;- ....... locate myspell
> /usr/lib/enchant/libenchant_myspell.so
> /usr/share/myspell
> /usr/share/myspell/dicts
> /usr/share/myspell/infos
> /usr/share/myspell/dicts/DicOOo.sxw
> /usr/share/myspell/dicts/en-US.aff
> /usr/share/myspell/dicts/en-US.dic
> /usr/share/myspell/dicts/en_US.aff
> /usr/share/myspell/dicts/en_US.dic
> /usr/share/myspell/infos/ooo
> /usr/share/myspell/infos/ooo/hunspell-en-us
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/myspell-en-gb.list
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/myspell-en-gb.postrm
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/myspell-en-us.list
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/myspell-en-us.postrm
>
> >From which can be see that I have an english -GB list but no
> dictionary, and searching the web I cant find a specific Gb
> dictionary, do you know of one please?

Apparently the .list and .postrm files in /var/lib/dpkg/info can be
left behind by packages which have been removed - I have examples of
that for other packages.

Looking at your list of files and the links below (and assuming that
your locate database is up to date), I suspect that you may have
installed myspell-en-gb and myspell-en-us and subsequently removed
them, and now have hunspell-en-us installed.
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/all/myspell-en-gb/filelist
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/all/myspell-en-us/filelist
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/all/hunspell-en-us/filelist

Perhaps you could check that by running

dpkg -l hunspell-en-us myspell-en-gb myspell-en-us

> Yes the autocheck button is ticked, but its still only working
> intermittently, not all the time unfortunately.

Unfortunately nothing above explains intermittent working. If you can
identify a repeatable pattern of behaviour then you could report a bug.

--
Cheers,
Clive