Re: Re: backported libreoffice minus its autospellcheck

On 09/05/2012, Clive Standbridge <list-user@tgstandbridges.plus.com> wrote:
>> Yes I do have myspell installed ;- ....... locate myspell
>> /usr/lib/enchant/libenchant_myspell.so
>> /usr/share/myspell
>> /usr/share/myspell/dicts
>> /usr/share/myspell/infos
>> /usr/share/myspell/dicts/DicOOo.sxw
>> /usr/share/myspell/dicts/en-US.aff
>> /usr/share/myspell/dicts/en-US.dic
>> /usr/share/myspell/dicts/en_US.aff
>> /usr/share/myspell/dicts/en_US.dic
>> /usr/share/myspell/infos/ooo
>> /usr/share/myspell/infos/ooo/hunspell-en-us
>> /var/lib/dpkg/info/myspell-en-gb.list
>> /var/lib/dpkg/info/myspell-en-gb.postrm
>> /var/lib/dpkg/info/myspell-en-us.list
>> /var/lib/dpkg/info/myspell-en-us.postrm
>>
>> >From which can be see that I have an english -GB list but no
>> dictionary, and searching the web I cant find a specific Gb
>> dictionary, do you know of one please?
>
> Apparently the .list and .postrm files in /var/lib/dpkg/info can be
> left behind by packages which have been removed - I have examples of
> that for other packages.
>
> Looking at your list of files and the links below (and assuming that
> your locate database is up to date), I suspect that you may have
> installed myspell-en-gb and myspell-en-us and subsequently removed
> them, and now have hunspell-en-us installed.
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/all/myspell-en-gb/filelist
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/all/myspell-en-us/filelist
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/all/hunspell-en-us/filelist

Forgive me for being thick but how do I get the gb dictionary please?

> Perhaps you could check that by running
>
> dpkg -l hunspell-en-us myspell-en-gb myspell-en-us

dpkg -l hunspell-en-us myspell-en-gb myspell-en-us
ii  hunspell-en-us 20070829-4     English_american dictionary for hunspell
rc  myspell-en-gb  1:3.2.1-2      English_british dictionary for myspell
rc  myspell-en-us  1:3.2.1-2      English_american dictionary for myspell

Thanks
Sharon.
--
A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
Debian 6,0.4, Gnome 1:2.30+7, LibreOffice 3.4.6