Re: squeeze how to hot-reload new interfaces file

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Martin Seener <martin@seener.de> wrote:

> as all may know /etc/init.d/networking restart (or invoke-rc.d networking
> restart) didnt work anymore.
>
> while trying to handle it with ifdown -a && ifup -a it doesnt work either.

Are you using NM?

/etc/init.d/networking restart
invoke-rc.d networking restart
service networking restart
ifupdown ethX

all work for me.

> we have a post-boot config like this
>
> auto lo
>
> auto eth0
> iface eth0 inet dhcp
>
> we want to migrate to
>
> auto lo
>
> auto bond0
> iface bond0 inet static
>
> ifenslave-2.6 is already installed but when i change the interfaces file -
> how can i easily make the new config active without rebooting the whole
> server??

Once you set up "/etc/network/interfaces", do "modprobe bonding" just
in case, and restart networking. (I'd stop networking, edit etc, and
then start but I don't think that it's strictly necessary).