Re: netinst.iso - a "learning experience"- Part 1 grub

2012-05-06 14:26, Richard Owlett skrev:
Version 6.0.4 Without double checking I believe that's "Squeeze".

That caused me to notice that there was no intuitively obvious way to
determine what version is running. I had to look at the file name of the
iso file.

I would look at the file /etc/debian_version. In your case it probably says

# cat /etc/debian_version
6.0.4

Knowing the mapping between version numbers and names is a different problem, as Camaleon wrote.

/ johan