(Solved with bypass) Re: Panning the screen to get an usable GNOME desktop in netbooks

On Sun, 06 May 2012 01:03:47 +0200, Jasper Noe wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> In my intent to make my netbook more usable (because I can barely use
>> some applications such the recently available Pan), I'm trying to get a
>> virtual screen (panning) that allows me to configure some applications
>> that fail to display the usual bottom buttons (Cancel, Apply,
>> Accept...).
>
> Hi, Cameleon,
>
> I used to play with the 'dots per inch' setting to make small screens
> look larger.

Good point :-)

I always set my dpi to "96" and use by default a Tahoma font sized at 8
pt (quite small) but for this specific case I can can try to make things
even smaller... I hope by changing this also affects to the windows and
buttons size and not just the text.

> Translating back from dutch to english the button is here ( on
> squeeze/gnome ) :
>
> menu --> system --> preferences --> appearence --> fonts --> details -->
> resolution !

Sadly, that's not present anymore in gnome-shell ;-( but there's
something at the gnome-tweak-tool ("Typography → Scaling factor") which I
have set to "1.0". Reducing it to "0.7"... does the trick, I now can see
the whole window!!! :-D

Thanks a bunch, mate!

Greetings,

--