Re: Anyway of keeping gnome2 while upgrading from Squeeze to Wheezy

Please post on the list, if you prefer so.

Wait for Mate 1.2.3 because there is a bug with a library that blocks
partially the upgrades on Wheezy, at the moment I am on Wheezy with
Mate 1.2.0 and I've read  that it the bug is fixed on 1.2.3 version.
After that it should be smooth and easy. Anyway everything is working
OK on my system apart from the upgrades.

http://mate-desktop.org/install/#debian