Re: Anyway of keeping gnome2 while upgrading from Squeeze to Wheezy

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 21:54:52 +0300, Mika Suomalainen wrote:

> I have now tried MATE and can confirm that it feels just like GNOME 2.

I don't have nothing against Mate or another alternative projects (such
Trinity for KDE 3) but based in my experience, I prefer to stick with
bigger projects (where resources are less scarce) because they tend to
last longer and I hate jumping from one DE to other every "x" years once
it took me lot of my time to understand how things are working in one of
them.

So thanks but no, I will be be loyal to GNOME until they decide to take a
radical path I can't deal with (like it happened when I moved from KDE 3
to GNOME 2 because of the poor state of KDE 4.0).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón