Re: Problem with resolution on Radeon HD 7459 card (Squeeze)

Thanks for your advice.

2012/4/28, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>:

> Let's don't make guesses ;-) better send/copy your current "/etc/X11/
> xorg.conf" file so we can see what you have added and how it looks like
> now.

Here is my /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Section "Device"
 Identifier "ATI"
 Driver "fglrx"
 Option "ChipID" "1002:6779"
 Option "MigrationHeuristic" "greedy"
 Option "AccelDFS" "on"
 Option "EXAVSync" "yes"
 Option "RenderAccel" "true"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
 Identifier "Default Screen"
 DefaultDepth 24
EndSection

> Just to discard something obvious, do a search for the module
> ("locate fglrx.ko") and check if it's indeed there, although I don't
> think that's the problem, as the module should have been compiled
> alongside with the rest of the files just fine. It can be also a bug
> in the driver, I've seen some reports by Googling around, for instance:

locate fglrx.ko returns nothing.  There does not seem to be fglrx.ko.
I am quite ignorant about how these kernel and kernel modules work.
Did I mess up something when I tried to install fglrx-driver from
squeeze backports?
I just did the following command
$ sudo apt-get -t squeeze-backports install fglrx-driver fglrx-control

Han Soo