Re: changing window managers in debian 6.0.4

In linux.debian.user, you wrote:

> Indulekha --- if you would care to answer --- what is the software that
> wmaker does not interact well with?

I had trouble with terminator (my preferred terminal emulator) and also
with conky, which I use insted of a dock or system tray.
Bear in mind, I switched nearly two years ago so it might be better now.
ISTR there was an annoying problem with fullscreen video, too, but I
don't remember what exactly. Probably xine-ui, which I finally dumped for
vlc.

Probably should have mentioned, I haven't used gnome since like 2004.
Also I'm not much of a mouse lover, my config is completely keyboard
driven.

I loved wmaker for a long time, but fvwm has spoiled me now. :)

> I'm a complete neophyte here (new to debian and new to wmaker) so
> would appreciate any information about it.  (The reason i'm trying out
> wmaker is that i think it should be most compatible with gnustep,
> but that's another long story.)

I think most everything is pretty compatible with gnustep -- I have to
exclude kde4.x from that though, as I've only had a few hours being
tortured by it a few times and that was quite enough! :)

If you stick with wmaker, the wmakerconf package is much more powerful
than the default config tools in wmaker.

--
 Indulekha