Re: Icedove setting

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 1:29 AM, Panayiotis Karabassis <panayk@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/16/2012 08:24 PM, lina wrote:

>>> I am puzzled by this message, because it suggests you connected to a
>>> POP3 server, not an SMTP one. I
>> It showed me the same message no matter I chose the pop3 or SMTP during configuration.
>
> POP3 (and IMAP) is for receiving, SMTP is for sending. You have a
> problem when sending. Please make sure the port is 587 or 25. If yes,
> maybe your ISP is redirecting the connection?
>
>>> tried telneting to pod51003.outlook.com
>>> and I only get this message when I connect to port 110, not 587 nor 25.
>> Right now I'm not in front of computer.  Gotta check another time.

I noticed the google use 465 as SMTP port.

So I also use 465 for pod51003.outlook.com SMTP port. now it shows me

Sending of message failed.
The message could not be sent because the connection to SMTP server
pod51003.outlook.com timed out. Try again or contact your network
administrator.

Are there something to do with my local settings.

Thanks again,