Re: PAE support in Debian6

On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 13:03:52 -0800, Greg Madden wrote:

> One additional point, one can still install Debian without 'bigmem'
> support,,,, then install the correct kernel for your hardware, you just
> won't see all the memory during the install.

Yes, that's the default behaviour, I guess.

It would be nice though, that Squeeze installer could detect the CPU
capabilities and gives the user the possibility to install all the
available kernels for the 32-bits flavour: "-486" (non PAE, non-SMP),
"-686" (SMP, non-PAE) and "-bigmem" (SMP and PAE).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón