Re: problems with wifi bc43

> 2012/4/14 Roman V.Leon. :
>> Hello Gents,
>> Could you help me with my wifi card in laptop, please? I have broadcom
>> BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY controller, and I installed
>> "firmware-b43-lpphy-installer". Unfortunately when i'm trying turn my card
>> on, i'm getting a message:
>> "$ sudo ifconfig wlan0 up" ----> "SIOCSIFFLAGS: Operation not possible due
>> to RF-kill"
>> I dig google, but unfortunately I didn't find any helpful receipt to
>> manage this card work.
>>
>> Just in case - rfkill's output:
>> $ sudo rfkill list
>> 0: hp-wifi: Wireless LAN
>>        Soft blocked: no
>>        Hard blocked: no
>> 1: hp-bluetooth: Bluetooth
>>        Soft blocked: no
>>        Hard blocked: yes
>> 2: phy0: Wireless LAN
>>        Soft blocked: no
>>        Hard blocked: yes
>>
>> I cracked my head, but i don't know how to deal with this issue.
>> Thanks in advance.
>>

> The ones that say Hard Blocked mean that either a physical hardware
> switch is turned off or it is disabled in the bios.
>
> --
> Mathew E. Enders
>
> "Where once Samba and Apache sold Linux to the world they are now just
> part of the plumbing.  But that's OK, plumbers make good money."
> --Jeremy Allison

Mathew, all, i have found the source of the problem:
If i plug a cable into my wired NIC, my wireless card will be blocked.
That's how it works, i have never seen such things before, and i can't
find special BIOS option to change this strange behavior. Laptop model is
HP 625. I think this can be marked as "resolved" :-)

--
Cheers,
Roman V.Leon.