Question to aptitude

Hi list!

I have just a little question to aptitude, and I think, it can be easily
answered.

The Problem: With the command "apt-get --purge remove 3.0.1-*" I can uninstall
all packages containing 3.0.1-something. I use this for installing older
kernels and headers as well as selfbuild kernel modules.

This works very well!

But how can I do the same with aptitude? I suppose, aptitude is using regexp,
but I am noz sure. And I am not well experienced with regexp. Is aptitude
using regexp???

Any hints are welcome.

Best regards

Hans

P.S.
If this is not the right place for asking such questions, please apologize and
point me to the correct place.