Re: Trouble with Nvidia driver

I recently had a similar problem with a 9300 gs (which I understand to
be pretty much the same + dx9 support or smth).

Gdm3 would never start after installing a modded kernel. As a
workaround, try changing 'nvidia' for 'vesa' in the grub config file
and see where that leads. Maybe you can boot like that, there wont be
any video acceleration though.

Maybe that kernel version is incompatible with the provided nvidia blob?

Hope it helps.

Daniel

--
Daniel Jiménez