Re: NAS box configuration

On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 22:13:38 +0300, Rares wrote in message
<[🔎] 4F7C9D62.1070900@gmail.com>:

> On 04/04/2012 05:21 PM, Camaleón wrote:
> > On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 18:28:56 +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:
> > If you still prefer a pre-made NAS based OS (that handles RAID, et
> > al) you can consider another alternatives to FreeNAS such as
> > OpenMediaVault, Openfiler, Zentyal, Nexenta...
> >
> > Related docs/faqs/how tos can be found on their sites :-)
> >
> Bear in mind that, if you care about this, FreeNAS is BSD-based, just
> as Nexenta is OpenSolaris-based. One difference might be that the
> latter two support ZFS, while Linux support for this is less mature
> as of now.

..my understanding is, at least some of the headers in ZFS
are licensed under the CDDL.
AFAIR from http://groklaw.net/ on the tSCOG litigations, the
CDDL's main feature is it's intentional anti-GPL nature, it
was created specifically to be incompatible with the GPL, to
support the "The SCO Group" (Microsoft strawman) litigations,
by trying to split and divide the coding communities.

..for details, use Groklaw's search page to search for CDDL,
Google honors Groklaw's robot.txt.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: