Re: Unstable: Gimp requires dbus and gconf2 now? fail.

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 02:58, Dirk <yqlsxepzrclk@mailinator.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> can we please stay clear of all cancers Havoc Pennington has done?

That seems unnecessarily rude.

> HAL was shit and got replaced.

It was better than what came before it <shrug>.

> dbus and gconf2 are just as shit and will be replaced too.

Gconf was good for it's time. Even now it isn't horrible, we just have
something better.

dbus is very good as IPC mechanisms go. From everything I know, much
nicer than corba or com/dcom (though those also do more). Better than
dcop, which heavily inspired it I believe.

> I am sick and tired of having to see his bullshit daemons... :(

Again, seems unnecessarily rude

> Luckily I am using unstable can warn everyone who cares about this
> shitstorm.

Actually I do not see anywhere where gimp even depends on gconf.
And I haven't seen any shitstorms about gconf or dbus, unless this
thread qualifies...

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers