nepomuk, tracker - why such CPU and memory hungry beasts are installed automatically?

Hi,

A few months ago, my 4-core Dell Vostro 3750 running debian/testing started to be awfully slow. I discovered, that this is caused by "nepomuk-services" in KDE and spent some time to disable them for all users (as there was no option to disable it globally and deinstallation was also not possible due to package dependencies).

Now my machine again started to be very slow. Looking for processes consuming the CPU power I've found "tracker-store".
Checking the description of the "tracker" package, I've found, that this is something like "nepomuk-services", installed automatically due to dependencies gnome->gnome documents->tracker .

OK. I've deinstalled it (which caused deinstallation of gnome).
However it is really annoying that such CPU, memory and disk hungry utilities are installed automatically.
For example my home directory uses 210GB on disk. The ~/.cache/tracker directory consumed 2.9GB !!!

--
Regards,
Wojtek