Re: skype?

It is shameful that, so many years after the digital revolution, proprietary formats such as those championed by microsoft are *mandated* by the industry, educational institutions and (in mexico at least) government departments. In fact, I recently had problems with my yearly tax declaration due to it only supporting and running on some version of Internet Explorer.

Hopefully, we can all make that change.

In the case of skype, I understand that their contributions to VoIP have been pioneering and extremely successful as a tool for individuals and the enterprise community alike. However, every company that doesn't support standardization is extremely short sighted and detrimental to the healthy growth of the field they represent.

Anyway, sorry for the hijack..

Daniel