Re: skype?

* Scott Ferguson <scott.ferguson.debian.user@gmail.com> [120410 15:48]:
> On 10/04/12 04:24, Russell L. Harris wrote:
> > I am concerned with the "big brother" privacy,
> Note also that Skype is encrypted, but Skype has a history of handing
> out the private key.

Which precisely is my concern.

The greater the diversity of transport, the better.  And, in general,
the less the concern with being overheard, the better -- for such
concern reduces traffic, and a large stream is infinitely more
difficult to monitor than is a tiny stream.

>From the logistical standpoint, routine monitoring of peer-to-peer
conversations through a multitude of channels -- even unencoded -- is
almost impossible, even with keyword searching (which results in
innumerable false positives).  But if every conversation goes through
the same pipeline, even encryption can be overcome.

RLH

"How could one chase a thousand, or two put to flight ten thousand,
unless their Rock had sold them into the hand of their enemies, and
the Lord God had abandoned them? -- paraphrase of Deuteronomy 32:30

"Ever-fearful of just retribution, the wicked takes alarm and flees,
oftentimes when there is no pursuer.  But confident in the strength
and protection of the Lord his God, the righteous as the young lion is
fearless." -- paraphrase of Proverbs 28:1

"The West has open to it but one remedy to the present world
situation: that remedy is a return to the unadulterated Christian
Faith of the Scripture.  But this is a return which necessitates
a resolute and uncompromising purging out of the spurious, the forgery,
the counterfeit, and the impostor.  Curiously, few are willing to
sacrifice tradition for the sake of survival." -- RLH