Re: terminal prompts

On 04/07/2012 04:29 PM, Tom H wrote:
On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Frank McCormick <debianlist@videotron.ca> wrote:

�I have run into a problem in Mepis but have been unable to get an answer
yet from that community group. The distro is based on Debian Squeeze so I
thought someone here night have the answer. Normally I run Debian
Sid...Mepis is just an experiment

The distro runs fine but slow under KDE, but after I Installed Icewm, I
notice when I load an exterm, the prompt I get is "%" not the usual one
setup in .bashrc.

I have to actually run bash to get the normal prompt. It also affects the
time it takes Midnight Commander to load, UNLESS I add the "-u" parm to the
command line so it doesn't have shell facilities.

Can someone explain what's going on ?

What;s your shell? tcsh?

I **thought** it was DASH (the apparent default in Squeeze) so I ran dpkg-reconfigure dash and picked Bash as the default. But maybe it wasn't ? How do I find out for sure ?

--
Cheers
Frank