Re: how to increase space for tmpfs /tmp

On 4/3/2012 1:18 PM, Paul E Condon wrote:

> 3) Stan says that the disk is full and that du is just wrong.

That's not actually what I said.  There is a subtle but distinct difference:

Me:  "Your du isn't reflecting reality of what's
on disk."

"Your du" implies both the exact command line w/switches you're
executing and du itself, not just du.  Did you ever drop caches as I
recommended?  Sometimes the in memory inode and extent maps don't match
what's on disk.  So it's possible df isn't reporting used blocks
correctly, which is why I instructed you to drop caches, 'least I think
I did.

$ echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

then run df and du.

Keep in mind I don't have knowledge of what all you've done to those
filesystems and when, what may have gone wrong, if anything, etc.
Neither does anyone else here but you.  So it may take a while to figure
out what the problem is.

--
Stan