Re: Installing genesys on Debian

On 31/03/12 22:57, Lisi wrote:
On Saturday 31 March 2012 18:34:23 Dom wrote:
On 31/03/12 17:36, ntrfug wrote:
On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 11:29:39 +0100

Lisi<lisi.reisz@gmail.com>   wrote:
I am trying to install genesys, first in my Lenny box and then in
Squeeze. The SANE website says that my scanner is fully supported.

Running Wheezy here. The standard Debian sane packages seem to have
support for the Canon LiDE 110.

**What are you referring to as "the standard Debian Sane packages"?**  They
might be in Squeeze backports.  I'm due some luck!

Specifically libsane and libsane-common. Wheezy is currently on version 1.0.22-7 of these packages. From the changelog, I am certain that support for the LiDE was added in one of the early 1.0.22 releases, and a few fixes applied soon after that.

Thanks for your input.

You're welcome :-)

--
Dom