Re: Compiling samba (almost) minimally for a NAS

On Sex, 30 Mar 2012, Rogério Brito wrote:
Dear people,

I have an ARM NAS that runs Debian, and it is currently serving files via
NFS to some machines of mine.

Unfortunately, my wife has to professionally use Windows and, as the NAS
only has 128MB, I would like to cut back both the number of programs and the
memory footprint of them.

Your mileage may vary, but I have a 128Mb-RAM arm NAS, and I run the
standard samba just fine. Along with sshd, transmission-daemon,
vsftpd, dnsmasq and probably some other things I'm forgetting, less
than 60Mb is in use by the system.

Wasn't there something about a PASCAL programmer knowing the value of
everything and the Wirth of nothing?