Re: When will Debian 7.0 with Linux Kernel 3.x be Released?

On 30/03/2012 14:59, Lisi wrote:
On Friday 30 March 2012 06:31:53 you wrote:
On 28/03/2012 16:41, Lisi wrote:
On Wednesday 28 March 2012 01:37:48 you wrote:
I prize bleeding edge technology above stability and reliability. But of
course I still want stability and reliability.
You can't have both, they are self-contradictory.  If you prize bleeding
edge technology above stability and reliability then you clearly need
Ubuntu. Stop trying to pressure Debian into becoming Ubuntu. Many of us
like it how it is and do not want to use an Ubuntu clone.

Moreover, Wheezy is available now.  You do not need to wait until it is
released, by when it will no longer be cutting edge, that is, if it even
is now.

Lisi
They are not self contradictory. I can have both.
No. You can't.  And yes, you are.  Stability and reliability take time to
achieve.  Time != cutting edge.

And I am not pressurizing Debian into becoming Ubuntu. I use both Debian
and Ubuntu.
Then stop doing so.  The Debian policy is not to release stable while any
major bugs remain.  There is always Sid for cutting edge.  That is at the
heart of what Debian is.

If you don't like that, use Ubuntu and stop putting pressure on Debian to
change.

Lisi

I am not putting pressure on Debian to change.

--
Yours sincerely,

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
Singapore