Re: When will Debian 7.0 with Linux Kernel 3.x be Released?

On 28/03/2012 16:34, Jon Dowland wrote:
On 27/03/12 11:55, Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) wrote:
libvirt and virt-manager are not virtualization solutions/hypervisors.
They are virtualization management tools.

I am of course absolutely aware of that.  I could have simply said that
Debian 6.0 supports KVM, but offered the management tools as further evidence that 6.0 was a good platform for a virtualisation solution, in
the hope of being helpful.

Here's further (perhaps futile) effort to try and be helpful: 6.0 (and earlier) also have Ganeti: <http://packages.debian.org/ganeti>

IMHO the management tools are MUCH more important than the underlying technology. If I could only choose either the base VM tech or the management tool, I'd always opt to have control over the latter.

Dear Jon Dowland,

Debian 6.0 Squeeze also supports Xen virtualization but you have to apt-get install linux-image-2.6.32-5-xen-amd64.

How user friendly and GUI pretty is Ganeti when compared to Virtual Machine Manager/libvirt? I know VMM has a very simple GUI interface.

Thank you very much.

--
Yours sincerely,

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)