Re: When will Debian 7.0 with Linux Kernel 3.x be Released?

On 27/03/12 11:55, Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) wrote:
libvirt and virt-manager are not virtualization solutions/hypervisors.
They are virtualization management tools.

I am of course absolutely aware of that.  I could have simply said that
Debian 6.0 supports KVM, but offered the management tools as further evidence that 6.0 was a good platform for a virtualisation solution, in
the hope of being helpful.

Here's further (perhaps futile) effort to try and be helpful: 6.0 (and earlier) also have Ganeti: <http://packages.debian.org/ganeti>

IMHO the management tools are MUCH more important than the underlying technology. If I could only choose either the base VM tech or the management tool, I'd always opt to have control over the latter.

--
Jon Dowland