Re: When will Debian 7.0 with Linux Kernel 3.x be Released?

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 01:04:57PM +0800, Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) wrote:
> I am actually looking forward to Debian 7.0 with Linux Kernel 3.x.
> As we all know, Debian 6.0.x is still using the old Linux Kernel
> 2.6.

The 2.6 → 3.0 leap was not that large.

> When will Debian 7.0 be released? Debian with Linux Kernel 3.x
> release seems very slow when all the other Linux distros already
> have the latest Linux Kernel 3.x. Why do I want Linux Kernel 3.x?
> Because I want to play around with Xen virtualization (dom0
> required).

So you want a cutting-edge kernel to play with yesterday's virtualisation
technology? The mind boggles!  Debian 6.0 has KVM, libvirt, virt-manager…

Besides, the 2.6 series kernels in 6.0 carry the Xen patches, e.g.
<http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/xen-linux-system-2.6.32-5-xen-686>

Perhaps you could help? <http://www.debian.org/intro/help>

--
Jon Dowland