Re: Impressora brother dcp 115C

> Brother seem to have loads of stuff on their web site but it's i386,
> not amd64.  At least, not that I could find.  Of course, we don't even
> know what arch Osvaldo is using.
Hi all,
I have not followed the whole story, but maybe I can help the user.

So, I am using this printer/scanner in Debian-amd64 and -i386. You must
install the packages from Brother with the --force-all option, then it will be
installed and working. (Hint: The DCP115c is the same as MFC210) After that,
you can configure the printer as usual using the configuration of cups (you
know, in the web browser add the link:

http://localhost:631

then follow the rules.

If you want to use the inbuilt scanner, you have to edit
/etc/udev/rules.d/60-libsane.rules manually and make it only readable, to
avoid a change by an update.

Just add this two lines:
# Brother DCP115C
ATTR{idVendor}=="04f9", ATTR{idProduct}=="018c", MODE="0664", GROUP="scanner",
ENV{libsane_matched}="yes"

After reboot, everything should work, if not, feel free to ask.

Good luck!

Hans